As a little bonus appetizer, have a picture of the updated foxes, in all their glorious new body shading! These will also be available as of today, to fit with our new Avatar Core Nova bodies!
Month: March 2019
After months of hard work, we are thrilled to present our latest project: Avatar Core Nova!
Let’s get to the most important question first: What is it?
Simply put, we took our old Type A mesh bodies, tossed them away, and built entirely new ones from scratch! That means yes, if you own an Avatar Core Type A body, you can update to these for free!
Type B and C bodies will remain untouched and are still on offer, though Nova is definitely going to be our flagship body product from here on out!
Let’s talk features then, why should you care about these bodies at all?
- Efficient. These bodies have a very low render cost, and have a polycount that is only somewhat higher than our previous bodies, putting them well below many others on the market. In additon, clothing layers are a separate wearable, allowing you to further drop your render cost and script count if you only need the body itself. Scripting also has been overhauled in order to take up less memory, whilst providing more features as well as being more resilient in laggy situations.
- Improved. We sculpted all new bodies for this project, and the inworld meshes are hand-built, every vertex put right where we want it to be. We also took great care when rigging this body, allowing both great response to animations, as well as to shape sliders, giving you a wide range of shape options.
- Materials. Using the SL materials system, we can bring in lots of detail into the body without using costly geometry for it, and it shows. In addition, you can even combine our materials with your existing skins to spruce them up. Furthermore, we provide three sets of materials for each body type. Regular, strong, and curvy.
- Feature-rich. We support the Omega applier system out of box, no need to buy additional relays. We also support a wide range of Omega’s features, from materials-only application to tinting for all parts of the body.
- Complete. As part of the body, we include a set of bento-rigged hands alongside a range of pre-posed animations, or the ability to just turn them off and let your AO take over. Furthermore, the female and androgynous bodies also offer tip-toe and high-heel feet options, as well as a built-in vagina with multiple states.
- Addons. For those that wish to alter their style, we have a range of other breast styles available, as well as the corresponding multi-breast options.
- Outfits. Whilst we wait on official, broad clothing support, we provide our own, small and modable series of clothes for you to wear.
- Accessible. We make our developer resources openly accessible for anyone that wants to create. Want to make custom skins or clothing and other accessories? Contact us and we will happily provide you with the required devkits, to get you started right away.
As with all of our bodies, these come in male, female and androgynous flavors. We are also working on updating our four most recent avatar kits – wolf, fox, cobra and sergal – to not only support these new products explicitly, but to also benefit from the hugely improved body shading that these new bodies allow. We expect that not all four kits will be updated in time for the release, however we’ll strive to have them ready for you as soon as possible! Of course kit updates will be free for all previous owners.
The preview pictures of the wolf avatars speak volumes as to the quality that we managed to achieve so far, and as we work our way through the other kits, we’ll post udpated beauty shots of them as well for you to enjoy.
Now for the big question. When can you get your hands on these, for how much, and where is the party at?
The official release will be on Saturday, the 30th of March.
Prices are as follows:
- Bodies will cost 1600 L$
- Breast addons will cost 600 L$
- Clothing prices vary based on contents
The official release parties will take place at the following times and places:
- Saturday, March 30th: Knotty beach, Noon to 2pm SLT
- Sunday, March 31st: GYC, 2pm to 4pm SLT
We hope to see you all there, we seriously are proud of what we achieved and can’t wait to get it into your hands!