After a long hiatus on having AmA sessions, we decided we’d go and do another one!
For those wondering what this is all about, AmA stands for ask me anything – or us, in this case – and is meant to be a time where we can casually sit together with our customers and discuss things face to face. You can provide feedback and whatever thoughts you might have and discuss past, present and future works with us, all in a casual setting. So if you want to make your voice heard, this is THE time to do it.
Our next meet will be on Saturday the 23rd this month, at around 2pm SL time, this time around at our main store in Osterhout. We’ll have places to flop set up so we can have a casual, relaxed chat and exchange thoughts and feedback.
Should the date or location have to change due to unforeseen circumstances, we’ll be sure to put up another announcement to let you all know.
As with most new releases, our customers made us aware of a couple of small issues. As of right now, these should have been resolved, and are available for redelivery 🙂
- All kits/avatars: Fixed a small texture seam issue with the male digilegs which made the left knee not line up correctly
- Ruby & Sapphire kit / avatar: Fixed an error with androgynous textures not being correctly applied
Due to unforeseen circumstances on the club’s part, we have moved venues for Saturday!
The release party for our new dragon avatars will instead be held at YIFF, at 2 to 4pm SL time.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
After a week off to visit a furcon, both myself and Daeshana have returned!
We are happy to announce the release dates for our upcoming dragon avatars now, and you’ll be happy to hear that the wait is over soon!
This weekend, we’ll get those lovely avatars into your hands, at the following times and locations:
- Saturday the 26th at Knotty Beach, from 2pm to 4pm SL time
- Sunday the 27th at Heart of Gold, from noon to 2pm SL time
As always we will have music going and our usual money raffles, and we will be there personally to show off the shiny new drakes and answer any questions you might have!
So be sure to mark the date in your calendars and drop by.
Finally let’s not forget that release weekend means sale weekend!
As with our previous avatar releases, during Saturday and Sunday, all Avatar Core type bodies will be sold at 1000L$ down from 1200, and the new dragon avatar kits will be sold for 500L$, down from 600. Of course owners of the old mesh dragons will be provided with the means to update for free, as before!
Once again we have been busy, working on yet another avatar project. As the title image should quite unmistakably show, this time it’s dragons!
After many years, we figured that our old mesh dragon avatars were due for a total rework. They were the very first avatars we built to use a mesh body, and their age is definitely showing now. So what better time than now, when we released our Avatar Core mesh body line not long ago, to update these avatars, and give people the benefit of a current-gen mesh body, and all the perks that brings with it?
Of course we didn’t just stop there. We redesigned the avatars from the ground up, to look much more interesting and detailed, as well as made copious use of the Bento skeleton system. That way, we can bring you expressive facial animations, animated hands, a swaying tail, and a truly beautiful set of animated wings.
Let’s talk about the features a little more:
- Materials & textures: We used a new set of tools to create these avatar textures, using it to learn to make better than ever textures, which should be quite impressively visible with the fire dragon displayed above. As usual now, customers will also receive access to the PSD files used to create these textures, letting modders put together their own textures, and even sell their custom skins. We took special care to make the textures as modular as possible, so that creating new styles is as easy as can be.
- The HUD: We are once again using our tried and true avatar HUD for Avatar Core based avatars, with low performance impact and easy to use controls. You can quickly tweak all aspects of the avatar, control its effects, and toggle on and off most features.
- The head: Fully animated with the Bento skeleton system, and features four distinct facial expressions, which can also be mixed and matched. In addition to this, optional earfins are on the avatar which can be hidden at the touch of a button, and you can pick from four different horn styles to further distinguish your looks.
- The wings: Our first animated wings, and we poured a lot of effort into it. You can choose from different rest poses, have them fold forward when you sit, hug people, or spread them impressively. And once you take to the skies, our adaptive flight animations will really bring out the beauty of rigged wings, adjusting its animations to your flying.
- The tail: Improved rigging over previous models, which allows us to do further animations. Several poses are available, as well as a range of more… interactive adult animations
So you might ask, when can you get your hands on these avatars? Real soon! We experienced some delays due to these avatars simply being quite work intensive, and we really want to bring you great quality works rather than rush them out there. Everything is mostly done, save for updating the special edition versions – Fire & Ice. Expect another release information post within the next few weeks however!
This brings us to another important note!
As of next week, myself (Psistorm) and my husband / partner in crime (Daeshana) will be away for a week, starting on the 14th, up to and including the 21st of August. As such, customer service inquiries will be answered very slowly. We thank you for your understanding, and apologize for any inconveniences. In our absence, please make sure to file any support requests on psicorp.freshdesk.com – we will get back to every request once we return!
As of today, we rolled out a small update to all Avatar Core products. The goal was to fix a few issues with the clothing autohide system as detailed below:
- Fixed a HUD typo causing wrong body alpha exports
- Fixed an out of memory possibility on the clothing autohide script
- Fixed an error where detaching clothing would not properly render faces visible again
Affected by the update are the Avatar Core HUD as well as the clothing autohide script. To obtain the fixed products, simply visit any inworld vendor or redelivery terminal and touch them to access their menu.
Prior to today, users who bought the sculpted vagina back in the day had access to a smaller scale update – just like users of the old, sculpted canine/equine penises – and had to contact us to be switched over to the full, mesh based update path. Meaning the one that also comes with piercing variants, rather than just a single, unpierced version
It was then pointed out to me by Daeshana that this was silly, and I agreed, thus from this point on, any owners of the old, sculpted vagina can redeliver to the new, mesh based path straight away without any need to contact us.
As of this moment, we released two minor updates, affecting the husky avatar kits, as well as the cetacean. The following fixes were made:
- Husky Avatar Kit: Fixed the unpacker not correctly giving out the right male eye
- Cetacean Penis / Herm Set: Fixed the hard/short/raised states not displaying effects correctly
To get an update, visit any inworld vendor or redelivery terminal to access past purchases. Should you find any purchases missing, please file a customer ticket under psicorp.freshdesk.com and attach a snapshot of your item with the edit window open so that we may restore it to your account.
With the release of our new husky just hours away, we’d like to talk about all that’s going on this weekend again.
Firstly, we’ll have the husky release today at 2pm SL time, over at Knotty Beach, with music, general party times, and L$ raffles.
Tomorrow, another party will happen at The Ark, Noon SL time, for anybody who either missed the first one or who just loves partying!
Furthermore, we will be having an inworld sale on both the husky avatar kits as well as our Avatar Core mesh bodies. The kits will be on sale for 500L$ (normally 600), whilst the Avatar Core bodies will be sold at 1000L$ (normally 1200). So if you’re looking to get into these avatars, drop by inworld this weekend, the sale will last until some time Monday!
Please take note: This is ONLY for inworld sales, the marketplace isn’t affected by this!
Lastly, we released a minor update for the Canine Mesh parts, both male & herm, to add a new, matching fur texture for the male sheath, built to be a proper fit for the new husky kits. Of course, the new fur look might do well on lots of other avatars, so get your updates and enjoy!