Once again we have been busy, working on yet another avatar project. As the title image should quite unmistakably show, this time it’s dragons!
After many years, we figured that our old mesh dragon avatars were due for a total rework. They were the very first avatars we built to use a mesh body, and their age is definitely showing now. So what better time than now, when we released our Avatar Core mesh body line not long ago, to update these avatars, and give people the benefit of a current-gen mesh body, and all the perks that brings with it?
Of course we didn’t just stop there. We redesigned the avatars from the ground up, to look much more interesting and detailed, as well as made copious use of the Bento skeleton system. That way, we can bring you expressive facial animations, animated hands, a swaying tail, and a truly beautiful set of animated wings.
Let’s talk about the features a little more:
- Materials & textures: We used a new set of tools to create these avatar textures, using it to learn to make better than ever textures, which should be quite impressively visible with the fire dragon displayed above. As usual now, customers will also receive access to the PSD files used to create these textures, letting modders put together their own textures, and even sell their custom skins. We took special care to make the textures as modular as possible, so that creating new styles is as easy as can be.
- The HUD: We are once again using our tried and true avatar HUD for Avatar Core based avatars, with low performance impact and easy to use controls. You can quickly tweak all aspects of the avatar, control its effects, and toggle on and off most features.
- The head: Fully animated with the Bento skeleton system, and features four distinct facial expressions, which can also be mixed and matched. In addition to this, optional earfins are on the avatar which can be hidden at the touch of a button, and you can pick from four different horn styles to further distinguish your looks.
- The wings: Our first animated wings, and we poured a lot of effort into it. You can choose from different rest poses, have them fold forward when you sit, hug people, or spread them impressively. And once you take to the skies, our adaptive flight animations will really bring out the beauty of rigged wings, adjusting its animations to your flying.
- The tail: Improved rigging over previous models, which allows us to do further animations. Several poses are available, as well as a range of more… interactive adult animations
So you might ask, when can you get your hands on these avatars? Real soon! We experienced some delays due to these avatars simply being quite work intensive, and we really want to bring you great quality works rather than rush them out there. Everything is mostly done, save for updating the special edition versions – Fire & Ice. Expect another release information post within the next few weeks however!
This brings us to another important note!
As of next week, myself (Psistorm) and my husband / partner in crime (Daeshana) will be away for a week, starting on the 14th, up to and including the 21st of August. As such, customer service inquiries will be answered very slowly. We thank you for your understanding, and apologize for any inconveniences. In our absence, please make sure to file any support requests on psicorp.freshdesk.com – we will get back to every request once we return!